At Dataminr, we are seeking a Public Sector Intern to
- Engage in research to assist in the development of products for various public sector agencies.
- Research the effectiveness and efficiency of the product in providing a variety of signals to various public sector users.
- Create marketing materials to support work with clients.
- Assist in special projects related to needs of public sector clients.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Current student or recent graduate with a concentration in a related field; Master’s degree a plus
- Computer literacy, particularly an expertise in Excel, PowerPoint and Word; Coding a plus
- Passion for technology, in particular social media
- Knowledge of current events, in particular U.S. foreign policy and national security issues
- Adeptness in and passion for investigative research
- Knowledge of a variety of public sector agencies’ operations a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Please note that this is a paid internship.
Dataminr (www.dataminr.com) is a real-time information discovery company founded in 2009 and based in New York, NY. Dataminr's analytics engine transforms social media streams into actionable signals, providing enterprise clients with one of the earliest warning systems for market-relevant information, noteworthy events, and emerging trends. The company has developed a broad suite of modular desktop and API products that address the unique needs of its client set. We offer competitive salaries, commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package to our employees.